Introductory Courses for GER and Major Requirements
Computer Science courses fulfill General Education Requirements and are required by many major programs in the sciences and social sciences. In addition, there are several entry points to the computer science majors, depending upon students' interests and background.
For the computing requirements of the various science and social science majors, please see the relevant department's pages. Other information is provided by the links below.
*New CS Curriculum*
Placement guide for incoming freshman:
Awards and Honors
- Chair's Award for Achievement: The Chair's Award for Achievement recognizes outstanding undergraduates who exhibit dedication and exceptional performance in the field of Computer Science.
- Outstanding Student Award
- Academic Excellence Award
- Deborah Jackson Award (2007-2015): Made possible by a generous gift from Alumna Deborah Jackson, this award honors the academic achievements of undergraduate juniors and seniors in the Department of Computer Science.
- Honors Program: Exceptional students are invited to participate in the honors program.