|Personal Website: http://www.ymsir.com/|
|Research Groups: Databases and Information Management|
- Wednesday: 1:00PM - 2:00PM
- My academic research is focused on distributed systems and data science, and I am particularly interested in socially motivated real-world problems that embody deep trade-offs. My primary interests are on making distributed data replication smarter -- including caching, live streaming and multicast -- and on practical ways to improve security. I am also interested in optimization, data mining, network science, wireless ad-hoc networks and epidemiology. Check out my website or shoot met an e-mail for more information.
- Ph.D. (2010), Cornell University (Department of Computer Science)
- M.Sc. (2008), Cornell University (Department of Computer Science)
- B.Sc. (2005), University of Iceland (Department of Mathematics)
Honors and Awards: